ACCA Law (LW-UK) Exam Preparation Course
This course is designed to develop knowledge and skills in the understanding of the general legal framework within which international business takes place, and of specific legal areas relating to business, recognizing the need to seek further specialist legal advice where necessary. There are 13 topics covered during this course, which are: 1. Essential elements of legal systems 2. International Commercial Arbitration 3. International business transactions: formation of the contract 4. International business transactions: obligations 5. International business transactions: risk and payment 6. International business forms – agency 7. Types of Business Organizations 8. Corporations and legal personality 9. Capital and financing 10. Directors 11. Corporate administration 12. Insolvency 13. Corporate and Fraudulent behavior.
The methodology used in the classroom is interactive and practice based. Each lesson consists of theoretical part of the topic accompanied with discussion, and followed with the case study. There is also a short quiz on the previous lesson which helps the participants to refresh the past material on daily basis.
Course objectives and learning outcomes:
On successful completion of this paper candidates should be able to:
- Identify the essential elements of different legal systems including the main sources of law, the relationship between the different branches of a state’s constitution, and the need for international legal regulation, and explain the roles of international organizations in the promotion and regulation of international trade, and the role of international arbitration as an alternative to court adjudication.
- Recognize and apply the appropriate legal rules applicable under the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, and explain the various ways in which international business transactions can be funded.
- Recognize different types of international business forms.
- Distinguish between the alternative forms and constitutions of business organizations.
- Recognize and compare types of capital and the financing of companies.
- Describe and explain how companies are managed, administered and regulated
- Recognize the legal implications relating to insolvency law
- Demonstrate an understanding of corporate fraudulent and criminal behavior
Study book learning during the course By the ACCA approved publisher, supported by additional materials and business cases. Everyday homework of the passed chapters, building the knowledge based on the exercises. 2 mock exams to check the level of preparation.
Participants are required to come to Corporate and Business Law lessons after reading LW books and additional reading materials other than books are posted on Moodle that contain related law on each topic.